Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Welcome

Hi, I'm Fat Matt and I love movies. 

If I'm not at work or school, then I am watching something on my TV. Hell, sometimes when I'm at work or school, I can be found watching something on my phone or computer. I'm the kind of guy who knows they are working on a movie years in advance because I spend so much time reading things on IMDb. If you looked at app usage on my phone you would see that the IMDb app is opened at least 15 times a day, if not more. I check that site like most people check their Facebook and Twitter. I have always loved movies and now I'm going to look at them with a somewhat critical eye. I don't have a favorite movie because there are so many out there. I just don't understand how people can choose just one to be their favorite. Sure there are movies out there that I prefer over others, but when people ask me what my favorite movie is I tell them that it's just too hard for me to decide. I am into all kinds of different genres, too. I can't even pick a favorite one of those, so I definitely couldn't pick a favorite movie. I will try to watch all kinds of movies for this blog, though. I generally don't go to scary movies, but I will start just so I can write a review on it. It's not that I don't like scary movies, it's just that I prefer slasher movies and they haven't made a good one of those in years. Today's main focus seems to be on ghost and demon possession movies, and I never really liked those types of movies. I will say this, I hate independent films. They seem pretentious and boring. An independent film to me is like an asshole at a party with a bunch of awesome people. They think they are so much better than everyone when in reality they just gargle a lot of balls. Summertime is the best time for movies because that his when studios release the big budget flicks that everyone has been waiting for. On more than one occasion I will be sitting at a movie with my fiancé and will tell her I have been waiting for this movie for years. She just gives me this weird look and goes back to watching the screen. Watching movies is one of my favorite things to do and I can't wait to share my reviews on them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment